Interested in Teaching Future Generations in Your Area of Specialty?
Want to use STEM-Based Methods in Your Teaching?
Interested in a Management Position in a Technical Field?
Do You Want to Stay in Your Current Job and Study Online?
Whether you want to update your skills or seek a career change, VCSU has options that may help you in your career goals. The Don Mugan CTE Leadership Center in conjunction with the VCSU Department of Technology offer online options leading to degrees in career and technical education or management, certificates, or professional development to enhance your career. Check out the following links to learn about the various options available to you.
To meet part of the required courses in the CTE options you may transfer or complete credits through the following:
- Transfer of Technical Specialty Credits: Allows transfer of credits from a technical specialty or an Associate of Applied Science degree to meet required courses leading to the BS degree. Upon receipt of an official transcript, your credits will be evaluated for transfer into the program.
- Prior Learning Assessment: If you have documented work experience but have not completed an approved Trade, Industry, Technical or Health Education program, you may apply for Technical Specialty Life Experience credits through this program. Find out more about Prior Learning Assessment.
- In-State Pathways for Professional Teacher Training: The Transition to Teaching program allows those with a provisional teaching license to attend 5 workshops coupled with online coursework to meet professional education requirements. Find out more about Transition to Teaching.
In addition to the above options, we have a nationally recognized online Technology and Engineering Education
program with undergraduate and graduate degrees and options
. Degrees, endorsements and certificates are offered at the undergraduate and master's levels:
Bachelor of Science: Technology Education
- BS in Education: Technology Education Major
- Major Subsequent to Graduation (for those with an education degree desiring an added major)
- Technology Education Minor for those with a Secondary license or endorsement
Masters in Education: Technology Education
- Secondary STEM Education
- Elementary STEM Education
- Career and Technical Education (administration emphasis)
- Undergraduate Elementary STEM
- Undergraduate Secondary STEM
- Graduate Elementary STEM
- Graduate Secondary STEM
Click on the tabs below for more program information.